Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Tower of London


Friday morning we were forced to wake up an hour early so we could eat breakfast and head over to the Tower of London.  I was expecting one tower and for it to not be cool.  We had a tour with this Yeoman who loved to hear himself talk, but he was funny, so it was okay. 



The tour was a mix of fun facts and a history lesson.  I saw the Bloody tower where Richard III was in charge of his two kid nephews and he had them killed so he could be king.  Almost the entire tour was about Henry VIII because the Tower of London is where he had 2 of his 6 wives put to death at the private scaffold inside the tower walls.  Because of this everything there was plastered with Henry VIII’s ugly face.  Who wants granny panties with Henrys face on the butt? 



The first place we went to was the room with the Crown jewels.  When I grow up I want to be a princess.  I saw a scepter that had a 530 carat diamond with perfect clarity.  My expectations for my husband just went up. 

We went to the torture chamber and I was surely disappointed when there were only 3 forms of torture displayed. I was sure that they were more barbaric back then. 


Caitlin and I walked around and for about a half an hour with this group of 15 year old Swedish boys following us.  The only thing they knew in English was “hello girls.” So lame.  I was not impressed. 


In the top of the White tower Caitlin and I played arcade type games to see how good of an archer or swordsman you are.  Lets just say she would be Legolas and I would be Aragorn. 

1 comment:

  1. Please bring me back a pair of King Henry boxer shorts. Yes please.

    ReplyDelete