Saturday, September 19, 2009

Shakespeare's As You Like It


I am enrolled in an English Literature and a Shakespeare class.  Very fitting for my time in London.  For both of these classes I read As You Like It one of Shakespeare’s most famous Romantic Comedies.  After studying this play we were able to go and see it performed in the Globe Theatre.  I have heard of this theatre since the beginning of time and in every English class since high school.  It was an amazing experience to actually be there.



The seats were hard and there was a pole obstructing my view.  The first half was really hard to get into.  I wasn’t sure how I felt about the play and the actors.  Luckily a bunch of people in the front row left at intermission (Thanks Soper) and then I had an awesome seat.  Since all of the characters fall in love in the second half the play was awesome.  I giggled and ran holding Caitlin’s hand the whole way home.  Oh and we had to lay on the stage.



Personally I do not think British guys are attractive- only because I have been looking the whole time I have been here and have yet to find any that beat American boys.  But under the circumstances I had a massive crush on the actor who played Orlando.  The crush developed in the second half and I think it was because of his character.  Caitlin and I may or may not have stayed late and looked for him after the play.  And just in case you were wondering- he does not have a facebook.  I think this creepy stalker has come out of me because I have not talked to a boy in a long time- except for the 40 year old man who asked me to be his girlfriend last night to go to a club. 


In Humanities this week we created our own Shakespeare play.  I was Claudius in the fifth act of Hamlet and had a splendid performance.  I had 3 lines and then I died. But the mustache was totally worth it.   


I'm sure Jack Laskey- Orlando from As You Like It will love me even more because of my profound love and knowledge of Shakespeare.

2 comments:

  1. So I was just showing Emma these pictures of you and her response to the pic with the mustache was, "Andy is a 'tato man!" (which is what she calls mr. potato head)she also said that she wanted to see you.

    ReplyDelete