Monday, September 28, 2009

Northern England


Monday morning we had to wake up WAY too early to get on the coach and travel to the Lake District.  I think because the bus ride was so bad I decided to torture my mother and dread my hair.  She gave me prior consent but took it back right after she saw a picture.   




Monday we went to York and took a tour through York Minster.  It was beautiful, but once you’ve seen one cathedral, you’ve seen them all.  We were able to- okay we paid to walk up 5000+ stairs to the top of the tower.  Big mistake.  Like the 66 stairs to my bedroom aren’t enough.  Once we got to the top we decided to take pictures of ourselves because it was cooler than the rooftops. 


Tuesday we traveled to Fountains Abby the ruins of a burned monastery.  One thing that was neat was that the ruins weren’t in a city.  The Abby is surrounded by tall trees and a beautiful stream that ends in a pond.  After running around the ruins and running through crazy weird tunnels for an hour I decided to take a nature walk because there is not really much to see in an empty church.  





One thing that I loved about the trip was the long bus rides.  Northern England is so pretty that I took hundreds of pictures out the bus window.  And I took pictures of everyone sleeping.  I can blackmail almost anyone in my program.  My favorite part of the scenery was the dry stone walls.  Where did all the stones come from? It boggles my mind how they could stack all those stones and they have survived for hundreds of years.  And where else in the world do you have to stop your car to let sheep cross the road. 



6 comments:

  1. In 20 years I'll blackmail you with your dread shots. They are even worse than my cornrows. WAY WORSE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look like all the people that hang out in the haight here. did i mention those people are also homeless and have stray dogs as pets?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha, I bet Mom only said she was okay with you getting dreads because she didn't think you were really going to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know. And I totally did. And now for the rest of my life I can say that I can have had dreadlocks. I am so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have a fancy camera? And what kind? You have awesome pictures!

    PS, You're tagged! Check my "Honestly Tagged" post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is up with those dreadlocks!?

    ~love grandma bunnie
    bunnieal@gmail.com
    that means email me

    ReplyDelete