Saturday, September 12, 2009

National Gallery


Our first free day we were given assignments at the British Musuem and the National Gallery. We walked in a huge pack. So afraid that someone would get left behind, which ended up happening. Sorry Allie. 

The National Gallery is in the famous Trafalgar Square and from there one can see most of the famous sites in the city.  

 The National Gallery was so entertaining outside I would have been fine just going home.  You never see people walking around in the nude in America.

The art I enjoyed and appreciated the most was of course not the assignment. I stumbled upon a room with Van Gogh in it. I have always loved his work, who doesn’t have a poster of Starry Night.  I glanced at Sunflowers but there were a bazillion people around so I decided to give The Chair a chance.  I have never been so blown away by art.  Van Gogh can not be truly experienced in a photograph.  The texture he used made the chair look as if it was actually made of straw.  He just globbed the paint on and I almost died.  It was so absolutely beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment