Sunday, November 1, 2009

Love In Barcelona

For my mid semester trip a few friends and I packed up our backpacks, almost didn't make our plane and somehow got to Barcelona, Spain.  It was late at night I have haven't been that scared or stressed out for a long time.  Very soon after we had arrived, an old man told us to wear our backpacks on the front so we wouldn't get pick pocketed.  To be safer and to save on costs, we fir 6 people into a 2 man room.  I have no idea why they called it a two man room because we could have easily fit more- not comfortably.  
After wandering around the city the first day we were there we climbed up a hill and had the best views of the city.  It was perfect, and so was the weather.  

I am going to completely omit the second day because it rained so hard and long I about cried, and the only pictures I have from that day are showing just HOW wet we were.  
And I will take up any opportunity to get a picture of old men.  I LOVE them, and I do not know why but they are just drawn to me.  I couldn't tell you how many random conversations I have because I always wave or smile at old men.  Plus these guys were just super cute. Although I wish they were playing chess or something.

Yes, I swam in the Mediterranean Sea. Booya.  I will not post the pictures of the old men that I took at the beach.  yikes. 
The Arc de Triomphe.  
PALM TREES! I had not seen palm trees in months.  
1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue.  

At the Columbus statue there were lions, just like at Trafalgar Sqaure.  This one I named Azlan. For Narnia!!!
We rented bikes for a few hours and rode around the city.  The weather was wonderful and we were the only people out in t-shirts and shorts.  My favorite part was the bell on the bikes.  And I got to use it a lot!
I loved the Barcelona was so small because I feel like I saw everything and I totally knew my way around the city.  When we were on our bikes it was neat to ride everywhere and see all the places we had been.  And it was just fun to be with 5 other people on bikes.  We should have named our gang.  
Yes. I have mad skills.  

2 comments:

  1. You are so funny! And yes, thanks for not posting naked old men. Double YIKES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea how did i find your blog, dont ask, i dont even know, but im glad i did.looks like your having fun and doing well!
    now we can keep in touch a little.
    faith

    ReplyDelete